Monday, December 5, 2011

A Different Perspective

Sometimes little things really get under my skin.

I feel like my world is crashing down over one petty detail. I take things for granted and I complain.
A lot.

But then sometimes in life something happens which gives us a different perspective.
A new outlook on the way things are.

WhenI was a freshman in high school one of my best friend's mom who also happens to be a close family friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. This was 9 years ago. She was treated and everything seemed to be okay. Most days I even forgot she had it.

Until last week.

She had been experiencing extremely painful headaches and went in for an MRI. The doctors confirmed what was feared most. They found several "silver dollar size tumors" and also cancer cells within her brain. Tomorrow she is undergoing surgery to have the tumors removed and then following that surgery they will do a full body scan to see if the cancer has spread to any other parts of her body.

Events like this really put life into perspective. I can't even remember what petty event had me so outraged last week. And my final I have tomorrow seems so miniscule in what will really be happening. She is a fighter though and I am sure she will make it through the surgery with flying colors. I just ask that everyone keep her and her family in your prayers tonight.


"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go"
-Genesis 28:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs