Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bloom

There has been a lot of buzz going around the blog world about the book Bloom lately. I of course couldn't resist jumping on the band wagon and reading the book too...HOLY HELL AM I GLAD I DID! I don't think I have ever read a more inspiring book in my life. Since reading it the first time, I have read it a second time and used post-its to mark my pages. When I am having a bad day I go back and re-read some of Kelle's inspiring words. Bloom really puts life into perspective and I love how Kelle talks about celebrating Down Syndrome. 

I work with a little girl named Payton and she has down syndrome and autism. She is 10 years old and is the most stubborn sassy child I have ever met and has a personality that goes for miles. Her laugh is contagious and her smile spreads across her entire face. Don't be fooled though...if you tick her off she has no problem telling you. She has some of the funniest facial expressions and because of the autism she can't always express her emotions so I can only imagine what Payton is thinking when she gives us "one of her looks". She is also one of the most beautiful children I have ever met and while I was reading Bloom and looking at the pictures I kept imagining that's what Payton looked like as a baby. That was totally random but we talk about how perfect Payton is all the time and it reminds me of how Kelle refers to Nella. 

If you have not heard of this book you should check out Kelle's blog. You will be hooked and it will immediately inspire to you to drive as fast as humanely possible (or at least at a safe speed) to the nearest bookstore/target and pick yourself up a copy. You will not regret it. I promise. 

Has anyone else read this book? Did you love it as much as I did?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs