Sunday, October 23, 2011

Changes

Lately I've been in a funk. I don't really know how/when it started but its getting really annoying and I'm kind of over it. As some of you know I am currently in grad school and I'm just not thrilled with where I'm at. I don't like my advisor, I don't like the campus, and I don't like the way my program is run. So the obvious answer to that would be switch schools.

Grad school makes that a little tricky. Most grad schools don't accept more than 2 or 3 classes to transfer so that made me feel like I should just stick it out because I already would have wasted so much money. So I tried another semester, and it hasn't gotten any better.

I've been praying lately that God show me what he has planned for me and to help me make a decision that is right for me, and I feel as if I finally found my answer. This week I'm going to look at DePaul in Chicago because they have my dream program. It is a Dual Certification program where I would get my Masters and also get licensed to teach Early Childhood Education and also Special Education. It doesn't start until this summer which is perfect because it gives me time to save up money and also my lease here isn't up until April. Either way I'm excited to go look at the school and excited about where this might take me. When I found this program I felt positive about the direction of my future career again which is something I have not felt at all where I currently am.

So fingers crossed I liked it! I know I will and living in Chicago would be amazing and what better time than now right?

Finally, totally unrelated to this post, but I found this on Pinterest today and it made me smile and I think other teachers/teachers to be will like it too!

1 comment:

  1. Being stuck in a rut is no fun, and new adventures and places are the prefect cure. When I'm feeling like I'm not where I want to me in my life at this point, I make a list of everything i need to do to get where I want to go. Then I just start checking things off as i go in order to make it happen! Chicago sounds like an amazing adventure!
    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs