Saturday, December 10, 2011

Seriously Cincinnati?

I'm not super knowledgeable about sports. I do love to watch a good game, but I have a bad history of asking stupid sports related questions. Case in point? I once asked how they redraw the first down line every play.

See? Embarrassing.

However, none of my questions can top the embarrassment that occurred in Cincinnati today.


Today, December 10, was the Crosstown Shootout. For those of you (probably everyone) who don't know what I'm talking about its one if not the biggest rivalry game in Cincinnati. University of Cincinnati vs. Xavier. Our hometown schools.

What's meant to be a fun rivalry game today turned into a bloodbath. Literally. It was embarrassing for both teams. I'm not really sure how it started but punches were thrown. People were bleeding. And they ended the game with 10 seconds left to play.

I've never seen that happen before people.

The entire fight was unnecessary if you ask me. I think UC acted very classless...specifically Yancy Gates who was throwing cheap shots and knocked a Xavier player in the eye, causing blood to be shed. Xavier is in no way shape or form excused from their part of the fight. They were trash talking and shoving with the best of them. The entire thing was disgusting.

That's my rant for today. Now I will go take a nap.
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, all of my friends have been freaking out about it on Facebook. It's crazy that the Crosstown Shootout got out of control.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs