Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Now that NYE is over and the hangover from hell is gone I can really focus on my new years resolutions. This year I am making realistic and more broad goals. I want to really focus on bettering myself as a person and therefore I am first and foremost resolving to stick to my resolutions! I feel as if I tell people (aka you my blog friends!) then I will be more accountable for my actions.
1. Lead a more healthy lifestyle.
This involves eating right and working out more. And by working out more I mean start working out. Whether its yoga or just walking I want to be more physically active. I also feel as if I am far to old to be eating the way I do. It is not acceptable to eat McDonald's and Chipotle multiple times a week. I want to start cooking more for myself and drinking less pop.

2. Get involved in volunteering.
As I've mentioned before I work at a church and I love love love it but I feel as if I need to do something else too. Whether it be volunteer more there or do something else. Lately I've been thinking about volunteering with the Make a Wish Foundation. My sorority did a lot of work with them in college and I think I want to continue to support that great cause.

3. Do more things for me.
This might sound kind of selfish to some people but I really don't mean it to be. What I mean by this resolution is to do more things because I want to. Not because I'm expected to or that's what people want me to do.

4. Get a job and move to Chicago.
If you couldn't tell from my previous post I spend a lot of time in Chicago. Some of my best friends live there and I love it. After college I wanted to move there but instead made the decision to move back home to be with my boyfriend. Long story short...we broke up. So now I've decided that this is the year I'm going to do it!

5. Be more active on my blog.
Self explanatory.

6. Get and stay organized.
My room is a train wreck of epic proportions. Like I'm embarrassed of it. So one big thing I want to accomplish is cleaning it out, organizing it, and keeping it clean. This applies to other parts of my life too. Like school.

What are some of your resolutions?


1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals! I hope you find a great job in Chicago this year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs