Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bat Crazy!

I had another Christmas themed post planned for today, but after my eventful night last night I couldn't help but share that instead.

It started off boring. My roommates were MIA and I was sitting on the couch for what I thought was going to be a relaxed, uneventful night. HA! Think again, Katy!

I heard a noise in the kitchen and thought "oh great the mouse is coming to get me!" (yes we had a mouse in our house this weekend)

But oh no. It was no mouse that decided to grace me with its presence. Instead a bat rounds the corner and flies straight at my from the kitchen. Luckily, I never made contact with the bat. Instead it took a lap around my family room and decided the windowsill in the dining room would be a good place to take up residency. Or so I was told.

I didn't stick around long enough to see where the bat ended up. Instead, I immediately ran directly up to my room and slammed the door. In retrospect, that was a terrible idea but my brain wasn't fully functioning at this moment. In my moment of sheer and utter panic, I left my phone downstairs. So now it would appear that I'm stuck in my room, home alone, phone-less, with a wild bat roaming the downstairs. Great.

Half an hour later, I hear my roommate come home.
Me: "MAR! MARY!"
Mary: "KATY! Don't do that to me?"
Me: "IT'S NOT THE MOUSE! ITS A BAT! RUN!

So she runs upstairs as fast as she can and now were both stuck in my room. Using her phone, I called our rentals companies maintenance number and this is seriously what they said to me, "Have you called 911?" "uhhh no" "Well if you have unwanted animals in your house it says here you need to call 911" "seriously..."

I hung up on them. I'm fairly certain 911 has more important things to do than chase a bat out of my house. Long story short, Mary's bf and one of his friends came and somehow managed to get the bat out of our house and we were free to leave my room once again.

I can successfully say that I survived bat mania 2011! (named by my roommate)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I would have freaked the heck out! And seriously, they told you to call 911? How crazy! I'm so glad y'all were able to get that thing out of your house!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs