Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Grinch Cookies

One of my favorite parts about Christmas time is baking. I absolutely love to bake and Christmas gives me the perfect excuse!


Actually, Christmas + Exams gives me the perfect excuse. I love nothing better than procrastinating studying by baking a good cookie.


I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was labeled as Grinch cookies! How cute is that? I was dying to make them which was evidenced by the fact that I went to 3 different grocery stores looking for creme de menthe chips. This was after I googled "what are creme de menthe chips?" Pathetic. Anyways if you're inspired to make these like I was...Walmarts the store to get the chips.


These cookies taste exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream in cookie form. AMAZEBALLS!




Ingredients:

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
8 drops green food color (I used more drops than this though)
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color, and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe chips and chocolate chips.

2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

4. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. I've never made grinch cookies, but they look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I need to make these cookies, like yesterday! No, but seriously, I need to make these! Thanks for sharing! If I post about them I will make sure to link back to your blog!

    Merry Christmas,

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs