Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

I hope everyone has had an excellent hump day!
I for sure have! I know that sometimes we can spend too much time dwelling on everything that is going wrong...I for one am definitely guilty of this! However today, I thought I would share with everyone how blessed on I have been recently. You see, I am guilty of withholding information from ya'll.

1. I started my brand new job today! I am an ABA therapist at a preschool that serves kids with Autism. The school is funded by a government scholarship and is very unique. The kids were AWESOME. Most of the kids I worked are nonverbal by choice...meaning they can speak and they know words they just choose to not use them. A lot of my work as a therapist will be to get them to use language in the everyday environment. However, we also work on skills like math, reading, etc. These kids are 3, 4, and 5 years old and are ridiculously smart. I'm talking like can read, write, do math smart. They know how to use technology better than I do. I was so amazed working with these kids today and am so excited to see where this job will take me. I feel so blessed to be offered a position like this!

2. I found an apartment that I love! At one point I had mentioned how I wanted to move to Chicago but that just isn't realistic at this point in my life. So, after thinking about it for a long time I decided to get an apartment on my own. I currently live with 3 other girls and its just a lot right now. I go to school and work 2 jobs, 6 days a week. They don't. Basically we just have very different schedules and I think I need my own space. Luckily, I have amazing parents who are willing to help me out! Here are some pictures of the apartment (these were the ones listed on the website...aka not my stuff but you get the idea):


Now for some random thoughts:
1. Birthday Cake Oreo's:
I'm in love. It's like oreo's with funfetti frosting...my two favorite things. Beware: They're addicting.


2. This one is apparently pregnant. I don't think that's right. My mom called me concerned over how she was going to make an income. I asked what in the world she was talking about and her response was "well your sister said she gets paid to get drunk and go to bars without underwear on." Nice mom. Real nice.

Hope everyone has had a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs